Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Top 20 dance AGAIN 6/22/11

I am so grateful that each dancer gets 4 routines to dance before they are kicked off! Tonight's guest was Debbie Reynolds.

Here are my thoughts on the performances tonight.

First up was Ryan and Ricky dancing to a jazz dance by Mandy Moore. I love when I know the song they are dancing to...and I knew this song (Addicted to Love)! This solified my adoration from Ryan-she was totally awesome! I love her power and control.

Next... Kaitlynn and Mitchell with a contemporary dance by Stacey Tucci. They had two chairs, it was awesome*-I wish I knew the Adele song they danced to. Their dance was so powerful-he punched her in the nose and gave her a bloody nose...but they KEPT going. *at this moment I am thinking-how are they going to narrow these dancers down...Mitchell was injured last week so he didn't get to dance last week and he probably would have been sent home last week if not for this second chance.

Thirdly...Missy and Wadi doing a Cha-Cha by Jean-Marc Genereux to Cannibal by Ke$ha. Jean-Marc said it was the hardest dance he has ever done for the show. I thought they were lacking a little bit of energy. The judges were a little harsh on Wadi (and worse than that-he didn't take the feedback very well). They may be in the bottom, as he as not as good in this style as the other b-boys in their different styles.

Fourth...Iveta and Nick. I am just gonna say it-she isn't my favorite...I don't think she was good enough to be in the top 10. They did Bollywood...which is not a style I have ever really liked. Maybe because it is always to Indian music. I like Nick so I really wanted it to be good, but, eh, not bad.

Fifth...Miranda AND Robert..they got Napoleon and Tabita's Hip Hop (LOVE THEM!). They danced to a Busta Rhymes song-that I didn't know but LIKED. I thought MIRANDA was awesome...dare I say equal to if not BETTER than Robert at Hip Hop. I really liked them this week, so I hope they stay around!

Sixly..Clarice and Jess...(I still think he is annoying-his secret was that he draws stick figure orchestra's and he over the top says "Ohno you DIDNT"). They did a Jazz routine by Stacey Tucci. They were good...I think they might be in the bottom too...on HIS personality-not really fair to Clarice.

Next...Jordan and Tadd. They got the Vianese Waltz by Jean-Marc Genereux. My FAVORITE couple and let me just say that TADD KILLED IT! He had SOO much technique for a B-Boyer-I was blown away! I thought for a minute he was a Contemporary Dancer NOT a Breaker! They did awesome but I worry about their safety as a lot of the Ballroom dances are not fan favorites.

Seventh couple was Melanie and Marko dancing to a Jazz piece by Mandy Moore. They did really well..and man, Melanie is unreal! Her leg extensions are simply amazing. He kept pu with her pretty well...I think he is a Contemporary dancer..so I guess he should have. The judges loved them.

Second to last was Sasha and Alexander...another Tabitha and Napoleon Hip Hop. She is really good!! Look out for Sasha for sure. I thought he was just a bit stiff...but I did love his front flip over her. The judges loved Sasha and they were all in tears. Hmmm.

FINALLY...Ashley and Chris....dancing to a Spencer Liff Broadway dance. I didn't know the song but I think it was my favorite dance. They danced with these bars and I loved the creativity with the bars. Chris must have had to have lots of strength for some of the tricks he was doing.

I will post shortly, the results, because I freakin' can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment